Start Gate concept for a . Used both procedural and direct modeling techniques.
- collected a few dozen references
- did 38 sketches in concepting round1, selected several and did more concepts round2
- selected 1 each from front, side and top and created vectors in Gravit .svg and Inkscape .eps which I needed for Houdini import.
- in houdini created a boolean box from front and side extrusions. didnt use top in the end.
- once the basic shaper where working procedurally, used the resulting cut lines for further direct modeling to carve out the shape from the boolean block of awesomeness
- the icing on the cake was using bavel and applying a coloured material to it to create the classic tron-outline look.